Another week, another bash at an easy, healthy recipe. This is citrus cod which I served with green beans with pine nuts and new potatoes.
Ingredients to serve 2:
2 fillets of sustainably sourced cod (or haddock would work.) Approx 150g per serving.
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Juice and zest of 1 lime
2 teaspoons clear honey
2 tablespoons chopped tarragon
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
100g of fine green beans per person
50g pine nuts
75g of new potatoes per person
Oven at 180 degrees fan (200 degrees non-fan)
1. Mix the juice of half the lemon, the juice and zest of the lime, honey, 2 tsp olive oil together well. Add tarragon and parsley and mix further.
2. Pop the cod in an oven proof dish and pour the mixture over. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.
3. Meanwhile boil the new pots for approx. 20 minutes. Steam if you prefer.
4. Trim the green beans and boil for 3 minutes then drain.
5. Heat 2 tsp of olive oil and then fry the beans with the pine nuts for a further 3-4 minutes.
Serve all the nomminess together!
I was a bit worried the amount of citrus would overpower the dish, and the fish was a little zingy so reduce the amount of juice if you fancy it less zingy! I didn’t use the leftover sauce as a dressing for that reason so had a little olive oil spread on the potatoes. I’m not usually a fan of parsley but this worked nicely.
This hits the low salt, low fat, low saturated fat and good source of protein buttons.